Thursday 28 February 2013

Art Project Book

I love Paperchase!  I can rarely go past one without going in and admiring all those lovely pens and notebooks ..... *sigh* ... there's just something so appealing about pretty stationery!  It must be a girl-thing, neither my husband or son get it at all ... a pen is a pen and a book is a book!  They are just soooo wrong!

Anyway, I found this perfect little 'project book' with pre-printed pages where I can organise and plan all my art projects and make notes, sketches etc etc.  The only problem was that I wasn't overly keen on the cover, but decided to buy it anyway and paint it!  Well, being a mixed media artist comes in handy sometimes ...lol!

So, here is the final result ...


I even went the whole hog and painted it shades of pink/purple and added some fluffy strings and ribbons!  Tut tut ... such a girl!  But I love it and now I have a totally unique and quirky project book!  I  think I might need to go back to Paperchase and find a fluffy pen to match .... ; )

Happy painting ...

Liz x

4 comments:

  1. Looks Great :0)
    I agree Paperchase is Gorgeous x
    I tend to browse for Inspiration and then make my own x
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 84

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Paperchase here. :-( Love how you took the journal and made the covers your own. Love all the pink and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,

    Oh, the advantages of being slow in getting around to desks..... I get to see other posts too! Your little album is adorable. I know exactly what you mean; I'm in heaven in a stationary store!!! haaa

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. why not make your own fluffy pen to match? Love the notebook you have created. Tracy #72

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.