Friday 22 February 2013

Heart and Soul

Yes I know I'm a week late for Valentine's Day (story of my life!!) but I really wanted to share with you this sweet little project which would be a lovely gift anytime of the year.



I took a paper-mache box, covered it with Tim Holtz tissue paper with Jo Sonja All Purpose Sealer and built up layers of wash (a mix of JS Napthol Red Light and JS Magic Mix).  I shaded the edges and toned the red with a mix of JS Burnt Umber and JS Magic Mix and used a die-cut heart and stamped words to add interest.  I shaded around these shapes to 'seat' them on the piece and varnished the entire piece with Jo Sonja Satin Varnish.

If you would like to know more about how to paint your own 'Heart and Soul' box, contact me for details on classes and Jo Sonja products.

Happy painting ... and Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!!!

Liz x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.