Tuesday 12 March 2013

South-East Woodworking & Power Tool Show

Now this is something I really would not expect to find myself at, unless I was tagging along with the hubby!  But I was asked by the lovely Lynn Courtney of Flutterby Crafts to come along and demonstrate the Jo Sonja range of products to the Woodturners & Carvers who attend this big event in Maidstone.

Woodturners & Carvers are increasingly using Jo Sonja's acrylics to enhance their beautiful projects.  I put together a couple of sample boards of different techniques that I thought may appeal to them;

Faux Finish Techniques

Wood Stain Gels
Marbleising Techniques

We had a fabulous 2 days, with a constant stream of visitors of all ages!  Unfortunately it was so busy that I didn't get much of a chance to take any pics, or even visit some of the other stands!  So I have some quick pics here of Lynn demonstrating her stunning (and quirky) shaving foam technique with Jo Sonja's Iridescent Paints ...




And this is how the technique looks ...


Stunning eh?

We had a fabulous time playing with all the paints.  And they call this work ... ?!

Until next time, happy painting ...

Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.