Wednesday 29 January 2014

Hearts and Wings

Like me, do you ever get half-way through a project and get stuck?  Then put it to one side waiting for inspiration ....?  Well, I do this quite often and sometimes it's not because I'm stuck what to do next but that I run out of time and have to come back to it.  Then, when I do, I've lost that creative spark with it.  Well this canvas is one of those times ... unfortunately I don't have any 'before' pictures, but the beauty of working with acrylic paint is that you can paint over anything you don't like.  So, adopting some layering techniques, I did exactly that .... I hope you like it ....

Hearts & Wings

Close-up of different layers and shading

I added collage to cover up parts I really didn't like ...lol

Add some interest around the edge ...

I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  I placed it at the Shenley Tea Rooms and it sold within the week!  Amazing!  I now know what to do with all my other half-done paintings now ... :)

Until next time ... happy painting !

Liz x

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Wish I lived nearer to you, it would be so good to have your inspiration more to hand. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Lynn :D We'll just have to arrange lots of playdates instead ... lol :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.