Thursday 13 February 2014

Big Art ... Big Hearts

I don't usually produce larger canvases, there is something quite daunting about them, although I do have a number of blank ones ready and waiting in the studio!  More white space to cover I guess, which creates more questions about where to start!  Well, I was having 'one of those days' where nothing was going according to plan (know that feeling?).  I was feeling quite fed-up so decided to attack this large canvas panel.  Sometimes you just have to let yourself go and not overthink it!  What great fun I had and it definitely improved my mood ...


Getting messy and painty is definitely good therapy!

Happy painting...

Liz x



2 comments:

  1. Wow well done Liz - did you use net to dry brush through? Sometimes I use plasterers decorating tape which produces squares. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, That's a great idea although in this case I used one of Tim Holtz's layered stencils and sponged paint through (Jo Sonja's of course!). You can also use bubble wrap too :) Thanks for visiting Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.