Tuesday 3 September 2013

Holiday Faces

I'm a bit out of sync with this post as I've been back from my hols a week already! But the Tim-fest took priority as I'm sure you'll understand.

Anyway, as I was packing to go away, I couldn't bear to leave ALL my arty things behind cos there's nothing worse than having time and the urge to be creative and having no materials with you!  I put together a 'travel kit' and spent a happy half-hour prepping a small sketchbook with loads of inky backgrounds and stamps, all ready for sketches.  Funny how when time is short, you get the best results!

All I needed to pack was my tin of Stabilo All Pencils in a range of colours, a pencil sharper and my water brush!  Easy peasy ...

So I managed a few sketches sitting round by the pool .... not a bad life eh???



I created the backgrounds using Dylusions Inks and a selection of stencils and in some cases, stamped over them using some of Dyan Reaveley's background stamps.  I'm thinking about adding phrases now and a few additional bits n pieces so will have to show you the final piece later!  I don't know about you but I frequently have work in progress which gets completed in stages ... it used to really frustrate me but now I try and 'go with the flow'.

Until next time ... happy painting ... or in today's case 'inking'...

Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.