Tuesday 10 July 2012

Blog-Block ...

Hi Everyone ...

...remember me?  It's been a lonnnnnnnng time!  I have no excuse other than a busy time with family stuff, all good stuff I'm pleased to say, but time (and thought) consuming nonetheless.

In more recent days, I started to think "I really should update my blog ..." and found myself immediately stressing ... "But what am I going to say?"  My family distractions have left me with 'blog-block'!  You know, like a 'creative block' but about blogs!  Most disconcerting!  I can't even use the excuse that I haven't been doing anything creative, because I have!  Although I think because I've been playing with some new ideas, materials and techniques, I was being a bit shy about showing them.  I get like that sometimes ...

So, what HAVE I been doing ....

Well, some time ago I discovered Art Journalling and Zentangles and all sorts of cool stuff you can do with pens, pencils, inks and paint!  I've been working on an online course with Joanne Sharpe called 'Color Love 101' (it's not a typo, she's American ...lol).  What an amazing talented lady and full of wonderful ideas and inspiration.  I've been having a fabulous time playing with watercolours, watercolour pencils, pigments and all sorts!  Having a fab time and looking forward to adapting this to some of my acrylics very soon!

So here are a few pics to keep you going ...




I've also been enjoying a really good book called 'Creative Doodling & Beyond'.  Now reading a book about doodling seems a bit daft as I've always doodled ... even got caught doodling by my boss once when I was REALLY bored!  But this book gives some structure to it and I'm looking forward to including these designs in my work.



And the best bit about doodling ... you only need a bit of paper and a pen ... ideal for those waiting idle moments and fantastic for kick-starting your creativity!

So until next time ... happy painting (or doodling!)

Liz x

1 comment:

  1. Love your watercoloring! I have watercolor paints that are just begging me to get in there and have fun with them. This is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much to me and I'm glad to have the opportunity to share my art with you. Come back and visit again soon.